Dec 16, 2008

I Spent $140 on a Trashcan

After one week of being in our new home, I am officially back in blogland. I know that most of you were hoping you would see pictures of the house, but sorry - you are out of luck for now. If you know me at all, you know my house is already pretty much in order with the exception of a few rooms, because I would not be able to stand it if things were still a mess (I went to bed the first three nights with a huge headache because the mess was overwhelming me, and I felt like it all had to be in place RIGHT THEN!) But if you know me at all, you also know I am a perfectionist, and I will not post pictures until everything is in its place. So, if you are dying to see the house, I guess you will just have to come visit! Come on over ... our door will always be open! :)

But, back to the title of this post ... the deal with the trashcan was, yes, we could have bought a cheaper one, but the new kitchen is one of our favorite rooms in the house, we knew we wanted a nice stainless steel trashcan, we had a little extra money, we had BB&B gift cards, plus their famous 20% off coupons, so we figured - why not? You have to make a crazy, that-doesn't-really-make-sense purchase every once in a while. Plus, it just works in the kitchen and makes me happy. So, come visit, ohh and ahh over the trashcan, and use it often ... it will make us feel like we got our money's worth.

5 comments:

meetthesmiths said...

I would totally do that. We need a new trashcan and I want one of the really cool Simple Human trashcans from BB&B. Maybe Lola won't eat stuff out of the trashcan if we get one that has a lid! :)

The SC Denneys said...

ohh and ahh!! I love the trash can. I am one of those people that have checked the blog every few days because.....I want pictures!!!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Cassidys said...

i've GOTTA see this cool trashcan! and the house as well! hopefully when things die down a bit in the new year, we can ride over and check out the house. we're not that far! love you guys!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

My room mom in my classroom is dying to get me one larger trashcan to replace the three small ones that crowd the entrance to my room...maybe I will send her to bb&b to check out the trashcan situation.