Oct 22, 2008

Camryn and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Camryn has had the worst day. It all started 24 hours ago when I put her down for bed last night. It took her FOREVER to get situated and took 4 trips to her crib before she finally quieted down. Then she started crying she had to poop, which after 10 minutes of sitting on the potty never happened. (Side note - as she sat on the potty for 10 minutes, and it was getting further and further past her bedtime, I got exasperated and asked her why it was taking so long. She said, "My bottom is just taking such a long time!" Had to laugh.) Then at 2:47 am, I heard her crying that she had pooped and pee peed. Sure enough, she had, and I was changing a diaper at 2:49 in the morning. I can't remember the last time she did this. I had to be at work earlier this morning, so because she heard me up and about, she woke up earlier. We were totally off our schedule, and I had to leave while she was eating breakfast, and Jason was getting ready. I went to tell Jason goodbye with intentions of heading to the kitchen to tell her next. While I was with Jason, I heard her crying and went to check on her. She somehow thought I wasn't planning to tell her goodbye, and, with tears just rolling down her cheeks, she said, "Mommy, you forgot me." Pitiful! She got lots of extra hugs and kisses before I left.

When I got home from work she met me in the kitchen to report she pooped in her pull up at school (again - can't even remember the last time this happened), and that she had to sit in time out for not listening to her teacher. On to church where she had an accident and fell on a tile floor and hurt her arm. We really are not sure how bad this might be because her wrist looks slightly swollen (although it's really hard to tell because she just has chunky little arms and fingers!), and she has cried on and off all night about how badly it hurts. She went to the nursery while I was at choir practice and when I went to pick her up, she was crying again because she had tripped and fallen once more. She didn't even fight me when I put her straight to bed tonight without watching Backyardigans. I feel so sorry for her! She may have to stay home and have a mommy day tomorrow . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Poor Cam! I think a mommy day would make her feel tons better!!!
I Love you!!

The McConnell Clan said...

Poor little pumpkin!! We have those days sometimes! FYI the "very horrible, no good, very bad day" book was a favorite of mine growing up! My mom used to read it to me all the time! Thanks for the memories! Love ya! :)