Jun 17, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

1) While Jason and I were in Asheville over the weekend, my mom and sister came to stay with Camryn. You can read here about their weekend and see some pictures.

2) Yay! Another one of my friends from church, Ansley, has started a blog. Ansley and I had our daughters 4 days apart, so we shared all the ups and downs of pregnancy together. You can check out her sweet family here.

3) Today was my last official day of work for the summer. I always hang around a couple of weeks after school is out to make some extra money, but today was my official last day. I am excited because that means more time with Camryn (she will only go to daycare twice a week during the summer) and my husband!

4) Although I am excited about summer, I am having a hard time enjoying it right now. I pulled a muscle in my back in December, and it put me out of commission for a couple of weeks. Well, I somehow managed to pull the muscle again so I am back to taking muscle relaxers (which I thankfully had left over from last time) and icing my back for long periods of time. It is very frustrating to me because I can't do simple things like lift Camryn up in her chair to eat or put her to bed at night. I haven't even been able to pick her up from daycare this week, because I would have to lift her into the car to put her in the carseat. I am also frustrated because for the past 8 weeks Jason and I had finally gotten back into an exercise routine and now that is definitely on hold for me. My biggest blessing is that it is not as bad as in December, so I am hopeful I will at least be able to get back to the treadmill by next week.

5) As I write this, my daughter is sitting under the desk having a tea party with the dog. Pretty funny.

6) I also have a headache.

7) Jon & Kate + 8 is our new favorite show. We discovered it during our Spring Break trip to Oak Island, and now we are addicted. We can't figure out exactly what it is that is drawing us to that show other than the fact that they are our new heroes. We whine and moan about having one child, and they have EIGHT!! They are amazing to us.

8) With all of the anniversary festivities going on, I did not forget Father's Day for Jason. I do plan to do a Father's Day post but anticipate that it will be long and sitting for long periods of time at the computer right now just isn't cutting it with the back hurting like it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Since you don't have to work anymore, yall should come over and come swimming! Oh and I can't believe that you pulled your back out agian! You need to BE CAREFUL!!! And Jon&Kate+8 is one of my FAVORITE shows i can remember the first time I watched it, it was then that i became addicted to the show! Emily

Anonymous said...

SE said...
Ha! Jon & Kate +8 is one of our favorites also. It is one of the only shows that we both agree to.