Oct 25, 2010

State Fair 2010

Growing up, my family never went to the State Fair. I also don't remember any of my friends going to the fair with their families. Maybe it just wasn't a Cheraw thing. Then I dated and married myself a Columbia boy, and the State Fair became an essential part of my life! Every October, I get so excited about our annual trip to the fair. There's nothing I look forward to more than walking through all the buildings, playing the games, riding the rides, and of course, yummy fair food!


Isaac is freakishly good at carnival games. We all tried this game and all missed, but Isaac got all three rings with very little effort!
Camryn wanted a picture of the duck with a 'fro.

I couldn't get a good picture, but we saw more ducks go down the slide than we ever have!
Mr. B and the seriously mean rooster

Lunchtime pics!



This is what happens when sisters-in-law try to take a picture. First Alison ...

then me.

That's better!
The fellas
Burley men
Cute cousins

Tired girl

Riding the Dizzy Dragon
Watching the dog show

The fam
One of Cam's favorites

Checking out this year's sand sculpture

A little tribute to Anderson

Camryn's first ferris wheel ride

View from the top


She loved it!


Whack-a-mole!
Discussing strategy
More games

Isaac and Mr. Burley riding the Fireball


Buying the infamous Krispy Kreme burger
Cam sporting all of her stickers while we wait for Daddy's burger

Fried Milky Way ... soooo much better than the fried cookie dough last year!
Always have to have a carousel ride
About to dig in
First bite

Mission accomplished!

3 comments:

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I have never ever been to the state fair and every time I see your pictures, I think, "we will definitely do that next year." Hopefully Jeff and I will remember and make a plan for next year.

w and js mommy said...

Burley and C are TWINS! That burger makes me want to barf....looks like something him and Jordan should eat together. Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I so have the same thirty-one bag!!! Great minds think alike!!! I Love Yall!!!