Oct 11, 2010

Family Update

It's been a long time since I've posted anything more than just pictures. So, here's an update on all of the Burleys:

Heather: I went back to work 3 weeks ago today. Bummer. I hate it when people try to cheer me up by saying I should be thankful just to have a job. Of course I am, but what would be really nice is if I could just stay home with my baby. Thankfully there wasn't too much work piled up for me when I got back, and I've been able to ease back into things relatively slowly. It's hard work trying to balance everything, but I think I've done pretty well falling into a routine of work, cleaning, and making sure everyone's taken care of and fed.

Jason: He has been working away on things at church. Between Christmas stuff, the church anniversary service, technology updates, and every day responsibilities, he had been working so hard and so much that he took a couple of days off last week to regroup and breathe. We're turning our walk-in attic space into a playroom for the girls, so he's been working with our builder on that project, saving a little money by doing the job themselves when they have a free day here and there. It looks great already, and they'll be done pretty soon!

Camryn: Having a baby around reminds me more and more each day that she is definitely not a baby anymore. Our big girl has started reading and loves trying to read anything she can get her hands on. She loves to practice writing her letters, and we're so proud of how much she loves learning. I look at her all the time and am in awe of how beautiful she is. She is the best big sister and loves making Ella smile!

Ella: She really is our little ray of sunshine. She is such a happy and sweet baby and is always smiling. She loves being where the three of us are and has already started crying if she's left alone or put down. Yeah, she's just a little spoiled! She seems to have adjusted to daycare really well, which was a huge answered prayer. The ladies in the baby room tell me every day how pretty and sweet she is. My only complaint right now is that we're going through a phase where I'm up for an hour and a half in the middle of the night running up and down the stairs to put the paci back in her mouth every time it falls out. It's maddening and quite tiring when I have to be up at 5 am the next morning to get ready for work. It's as if once I put the paci in the first time, it's a free-for-all for the rest of the night. Otherwise, Ella loves her mommy, already adores having her daddy's attention, and thinks her big sister hung the moon!

So that's what's going on with the Burley family! I'm sure there will be more pictures of these beautiful girls to share soon!

1 comments:

w and js mommy said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love updates! Love you guys