Oct 21, 2010

Some Thoughts

1. I had a second child and the laundry somehow doubled! I usually don't mind doing laundry, but now I feel like I do it all. the. time. We could never have another baby, because if we ever did, I'd have to quit my job just to keep up with the laundry!

2. SAS Cupcakes. Best discovery I've ever made. Period.

3. I applied for the Disney Mom's Panel and didn't make it. I've been referring to myself as the big ol' Disney loser lately. Seriously though, I think they get 20,000+ applicants each year, so I'm not too torn up about not getting chosen. The only thing that's really sad is I can't apply again for another 3 years, because you have to have been to Disney at least once in the past year, and our next trip won't be til 2013. Bummer.

4. Which leads me to another question ... anybody know how to potty train a 4 month old? Jason's and my rule is that we don't take anyone to Disney who's not potty trained, and since we want to go back so badly, we just thought ....

5. Let's make it clear that I am kidding.

6. But on to a more serious question. How do you mamas handle discipline when your child lies? Yep, we've had some issues with fibbing in our household lately, and although I won't point fingers at the culprit, there is only one child in the house who is verbal right now. I have punished, I have pointed out that we are disobeying God if we tell lies, I've said how much it hurts mommy's feelings and disappoints me ... yet, we still seem to have some fib-telling that creeps in on a semi-regular basis. Usually said culprit is being untruthful, because she thinks if she tells the truth we will be mad or she will get in trouble. Any suggestions?


7. I have been on a new recipe kick lately! I've gotten so tired of the same old recipes over and over again, so I've been looking on line and checking out my recipe books. So far the one new recipe I tried was a flop with Jason. Camryn and I both really liked it, though. How funny is it that my husband is a pickier eater than my 4 year old?!


8. I have missed being able to shop for all of the sweet baby clothes at Babies R Us. I finally got to go shopping again for Ella's winter wardrobe the other day and walked out without a single thing in my hand. I even had a great coupon and a gift card to use and couldn't find one darn thing. They either didn't have what I was looking for or didn't have Ella's size when I found something I wanted. I was sooooo disappointed!


9. I miss having a Publix nearby. It's hands down the best and cleanest grocery store. And, I wasn't even couponing yet when I had one in town. Ohhhhh the damage I could do there now!

10. I am so excited about tomorrow. SC State Fair, here we come!

3 comments:

About Us said...

Love all the thoughts! Have fun at the fair and I think HT is the best grocery store, but Publix would be #2 in my book! Love you girl!

meetthesmiths said...

Oh Miss Camryn. If she's lying because she thinks she might get in trouble for telling the truth, set a standard punishment for every time she gets caught in a lie and let her know what it will be. It may be over her head, but explain that she will ALWAYS get punished by (fill in the blank) if she lies, but if she tells the truth, she may not even be punished at all. But then again, I'm a parent to a 16 month old who doesn't listen to a word I say, so... :)

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I remember telling a story when i was little. My parents took away something that i loves of that i was planning on going to or something. For example, I told a story one time and my parent wouldn't let me go to my best friends party... it worked... never did it again!!!