Jul 14, 2010

In the Past 2 1/2 Weeks I've. . .

-Fallen more in love with a baby

-Had to remind myself the difficult parts of having a newborn don't last forever

-Had to remind myself to savor the moment because time passes quickly

-Lost track of time sitting and staring at a baby

-Counted the day a success if I found time to get a shower AND wash my hair

-Been excited over baby poop

-Been reminded how quickly a package of diapers disappears

-Become reacquainted with baby spit up

-Tried not to laugh when the big sister became acquainted with baby spit up

-Enjoyed having normal sized feet again

-Successfully breastfed my 2nd baby better than I ever dreamed with my first baby

-Sat up breastfeeding at 3am and doubted if I could keep it up

-Developed mastitis and spent a day feeling horrible

-Stopped breastfeeding and started bottles

-Had "mommy guilt" because I stopped breastfeeding

-Enjoyed the freedom of a bottle

-Enjoyed the smell of a baby

-Slept for 2 to 3 hour stretches a few nights

-Slept for 5-10 minute stretches other nights

-Held a baby through the night just so we could both get some sleep

-Cried

-Dealt with a 4 year old who needed more attention from Mommy and Daddy

-Had "mommy guilt" because I didn't feel I was giving my firstborn enough attention

-Been annoyed by a 4 year old who doesn't understand the meaning of personal space at times

-Had to be firm with a 4 year old who is still learning to share Mommy and Daddy

-Took my 4 year old on an ice cream date

-Missed being a part of the "real world"

-Bounced back better with the 2nd baby

-Watched more HGTV and Food Network than anyone should

-Been blessed by meals brought to us by our church family just when we needed them

-Been blessed by the helpfulness, love, and availability of family

-Fallen more in love with my husband as I've watched him with our girls

-Had to ask forgiveness when I've been too snippy because having a newborn is stressful

-Had to forgive as well because having a newborn isn't only stressful for Mommy

-Took a family trip to Bi-Lo because I just had to get out

-Planned a trip for Mexican food next week because it's been TOO long :)

-Been amazed at what a big girl and big help my 4 yr old has been

-Been proud of the way we've all adjusted to our new normal

5 comments:

Ansley said...

I giggled at Camryn and the personal space thing - I'm glad someone else is dealing with it too! Lani has gotten better about it, but Dax I don't see him catching on to the concept anytime soon :( I'm sure Camryn is a great Big Sister!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Enjoy every minute of it...because as you know it goes too quickly. So glad everything is going so well for you guys. She is absolutely beautiful. And...don't let mommy guilt get to you. It's more important to have a happy family than anything else when you have a newborn.
Nichole Devescovi
Nichole Devescovi

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Sorry i haven't commented on any of the other blogs, our computer has been down. But I just wanted to tell you i love ella already just can't wait till Ella and Cam and me can have a girls day and play the day away!!! I Love yall!!!

w and js mommy said...

GIRL YOU ARE A CHAMP! YOu are doing great! Im so proud of you and your positive attitude. going from 1 to 2 is a hard adjustment especially when your 1st older and you are set in your family routine/life. I love you!!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are doing great and are completely normal. As great as it is now, it only gets better. Two is really hard at first, but SO much fun and it really does get much easier!

Love ya! Can't wait to see you in August!