Aug 1, 2009

Long Overdue Random Post

I am taking a break from all of my picture posting, vacation reminiscing, and Disney tip giving (post coming soon!) to write a random thoughts post. It's been too long and my brain needs emptying.

1. My poor daughter has some kind of killer cough that all of my Vicks rubbing, Dimetapp dispensing, pillow propping, humidifier filling efforts can't seem to touch. Misery, I tell you. I was up and down the stairs to her room 50 times last night between 12:30 and 2:15. Then we slept for 2 hours and started all over again at 4:15 ...

2. I have been bored out of my mind this past week. Let's see - one incredible week at Disney compared to one mundane week of normalcy. Which would you choose?

3. I have one week of summer vacation left. ONE WEEK! That's all I will say about that, because if I think about it too much longer I may end up weeping in a pile on the floor.

4. I have been loving me some Lysa TerKeurst blog reading lately. Oh, yes, I have. Encouragement, laughs, Godly teaching ... it doesn't get much better than that.

5. I mentioned briefly in a previous post that I had some sort of something going on with my eyes. Ended up I had a pretty bad corneal irritation on both eyes. So, I'm in glasses for 2 weeks. Doesn't sound so bad except it was causing my vision to be foggy. This is really the first day I've been able to sit at a normal distance from the computer screen and actually see what I'm typing! All of the Disney posts were done with me typing, having no idea what actually came up on the screen, and asking Jason to clean up the misspelled mess.

6. Because Camryn has been sick, we've been confined to the house for the day. No church for us tomorrow either since she had a fever today, too. I'm going a little stir crazy.

7. My 30th birthday is quickly approaching. Again, that's all I'm going to say about that or we'll end up with the same weeping in a pile on the floor scenario.

8. There is a couponing workshop in Rock Hill that the ladies in my Sunday school class are going to attend (hopefully! They're discussing it tomorrow, but I'll be home with a sick kid. I vote yes, ladies!) The Southern Savers lady is teaching it, and I am super excited.

9. Speaking of, I took a couple of weeks off of couponing, and I stink at it now! Of course, it didn't help that I couldn't check out all of the couponing sites and really get back into the swing of things due to my limited vision, but still ... the deals I've been getting lately have been pitiful! Maybe it's because I was having trouble actually seeing what I was buying.

10. I have thrown down a challenge to myself to try and save $80 of our biweekly grocery budget. That means we will be living on a grocery budget of $60 per week! Why am I doing this you may ask? Well, partly because I like a good challenge, think I can do it, and am maybe saving for another Disney trip in the future? Who knows? :) Either way, we'll see how this goes. This plan may severely crash and burn within no time. This first time around, it has been HARD, and I'm only through the first week of the biweekly budget! But, I'm giving myself a few weeks to get used to living on less, and hopefully it will become easier.

11. If you are interested in getting into couponing, tomorrow is the day to start! The Sunday paper will include 4 - 5 coupon inserts! Definitely a great time to stock up!

12. I'm about to celebrate my 300th post! Wow - that's a lot of writing!

13. Could probably dump some more randomness out of my brain, but I've got to go. There's a bottle of Dimetapp and one coughing little princess calling my name.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of really dark honey for the cough. Safe for children over 1 and recently shown to be about as good as some prescription things that aren't as safe. Also, hot chocolate has a natural cough suppressant in it (if there's enough real cocoa in it).
Blessings,
Art

Unknown said...

Have you tried 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of really dark honey for the cough. Safe for children over 1 and recently shown to be about as good as some prescription things that aren't as safe. Also, hot chocolate has a natural cough suppressant in it (if there's enough real cocoa in it).
Blessings,
Art

The Cassidys said...

ohhhh i hope you're going to the coupon workshop! i will be there with a couple of friends! i hope to see you!

Mary Ann said...

I know you are so excited about turning 30. I dreaded it so much ! I turn 33 on the 31st. Waaaaa! I posted my 300th post a few months ago and forgot to write about it. I was going to make a big deal out of it too. Oh well! Everyone keeps asking me to do a class at church on couponing and I thought about turning it into a bible study too, but I would not do it with out your help! Ha! Think about it! I think it would be fun!

Nichole Devescovi said...

Can you believe we are turning 30...sure came fast huh? At least you have a little over a month still. Are you going to celebrate big?