Feb 22, 2009

Potato Soup

This is a recipe Mary Ann posted that we tried two weeks ago. It is really yummy and super easy to make - and if you don't believe me, believe Mary Ann ... you've gotta trust a woman who has five kids to please! :) I thought I would repost the recipe here for those of you who don't read her blog. My only warning is, it will burn on the bottom very easily, so you have to keep it moving and stir frequently. I did battle with a stock pot and an SOS pad the night we had this!

Potato Soup
6 cups milk
2 can condensed cream of potato soup
1 bag Southern-style hash browns (frozen)

Toppings:
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
crispy bacon
green onions, thinly sliced
sour cream

Mix milk & soup in a large pot. Stir in hash browns. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently so soup does not burn on the bottom. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are soft. Stir frequently. When serving, load the soup up with toppings of your choice (the ones I mentioned above or to your taste!) Enjoy with a salad or bread!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Glad you liked it! Yes, you do have to stir it frenquently! I learned the hard way! The time Joel helped me make it, it did not scorch. He sat there and stirred it the whole entire time. I believe I posted it in January. sometime around the snow.

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Sweet...the potato soup recipe I have is very involved. This one sounds like a winner!

meetthesmiths said...

I will definitely have to try this. We haven't found one that we really love yet - partially because the potatoes are either still a little crunchy (not cooked) or like mashed potatoes (too cooked)! Hashbrowns sound like a good middle ground!