Mar 13, 2010

Pregnancy: 25 weeks

Saw this outline on a cute blog I read and thought I would borrow it!

How far along? 25 weeks and 1 day

Total weight gain: Only 8 pounds as of my last visit. Let's just go ahead and put it out there that this next visit won't be so pretty.

Maternity clothes? Of course. And, soooooo ready for Spring, b/c I'm already tired of my winter wardrobe. Have a date night next week with J and Cam for Destination Maternity and Cheesecake Factory. Even if I walk out with just one new shirt, I'll be a happy girl.

Meltdown of the week: Hmmmm ... no major ones this week that I can think of. Now last week was a doozy!!! Just ask my husband because he had to live through my snippiness and constant crying. No need to go into detail about why I was melting down, but let's just say I created this whole crazy, made-up scenario in my head and spent the entire week fretting about something that was not going to happen and crying at the drop of a hat.

Cravings: I haven't had a lot of cravings, really. Now, I'll eat anything Mexican or Chinese that you put in front of my face, but I think that goes for when I'm not pregnant, too! There's no particular food I've felt like I just HAD to have at any given point. I did get my pregnant lady feathers ruffled at Bi-Lo this week because Klondike bars were buy one get one free, and they were OUT! I had to get a raincheck, which just doesn't fill my tummy at 9 pm when I'm watching my DVRed episode of Chuck!

Labor Signs: None so far. Of course, as I was doing my Non-Stress Test with Camryn when I was 5 days past my due date, the nurses had to tell me I was having contractions. Never felt them.

What I am loving: Feeling her kick and move all the time. I don't know if this baby more active than Camryn or if I'm just more in tune with what's going on b/c this is my second pregnancy, but this little baby is a mover and a shaker, and I love it! We also registered last week for our upcoming baby shower in May. We made it a family event, so that was definitely something I loved until the thought hit me that this may be the last time I ever do this. Then it was definitely a not love situation.

What I am not loving: That this week I started having a less restful sleep at night. I didn't experience this at all with Camryn, but I wake up in the middle of the night with my hips just aaaccchhhhing from sleeping on my side. When they both start hurting at the same time, I end up sitting up in bed to sleep, which thankfully I can pull off. I do miss sleeping on my tummy and back. I also do not love that this baby does not have a name yet and that I haven't even started putting her nursery in order.

What I am looking forward to: Spring Break! Not only do I get to rest and step away from my oh-too-stressful job for a week, but I plan to take at least two days to pull out all of Camryn's baby clothes and toys, get everything organized, and get a jump start on the nursery.

What I am not looking forward to: My glucose test in a few weeks. I didn't have any problem passing the one I took during my first pregnancy, but who knows this time around. And, really, who actually looks forward to having their blood drawn?? Also not looking forward to uncomfortable sleep for the next 15 or so weeks.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I so feel your pain with the whole hip thing. I have had that problem this time too. I can't wait until I can sleep on my stomach too. Good luck with the name thing. I know how frustrating it is when you just can't agree. Brent gave in to me on the first name so I let him have the middle name. That was the name he was more set on anyway, so I think in the end it worked out for us. I am sure you guys will agree on something soon.

About Us said...

love it! keep the updates coming girl, and where are the preggo pics??

meetthesmiths said...

I had the hip problems - REALLY bad! I tried putting pillows between my legs, under my hips - everything. I'd usually wake up on my back with both of my legs asleep because my tummy was cutting off my circulation! :) Oh, pregnancy fun! But you look adorable and you get to wear stretchy pants! YAY! :)