Mar 23, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy

1. Family date nights. We had the best time last Friday night eating cheesecake, shopping (yes, I did get a new shirt!), and laughing the whole way home at our little comedienne. I love family date nights!

2. Coupons! With coupons and Extra Care Bucks, I got 3 packages of Pampers Swaddlers at CVS this week for less than $10! Can't beat that!

3. Ultrasounds. I love peeking in on our little baby any time we get the chance. We have another ultrasound scheduled for Thursday, and I'm excited.

4. Chocolate chip cookies. Especially this yummy recipe that makes me feel like we are eating at least halfway decently when we're craving something sweet.

5. NCAA Basketball Tournament brackets. I love randomly filling out brackets when I have no idea what I'm doing and still winning (for now at least!)

6. Spring weather. Yesterday did not make me happy. I want the sunshine back!

7. Getting a zillion kisses on the forehead from my precious 4 year old when I have a headache, because she truly believes if she kisses my head enough times, the headache will go away.

8. That our sweet little baby girl almost has a name. We got serious about choosing some names we liked last week, consulted with our most trusted advisers (otherwise known as our sisters), and now we actually have some options that we just need to think a little longer about!

9. Oak Island. Which is where I will be in exactly 17 days!

10. Dave Ramsey. Financial Peace University has really changed the way we view our money. I think we started the class just in time, because between buying baby necessities like a crib and changing table and paying for doctor bills, lab fees, etc., I can only imagine what kind of debt we would have gotten ourselves into if we weren't working on the Financial Peace principles. As it stands right now, we are working on paying off a small amount on the credit card that we already had before the class started and are paying for all of our baby/doctor needs in cash - no debt whatsoever! I am excited about the next few Baby Steps (investing, college savings, etc) that are to come!

1 comments:

Nichole Devescovi said...

We are working through Dave Ramsey as well. It is amazing how differently I feel now about money. Brand new cars and all the latest STUFF just seem silly to me now (unless paid for in cash).

Lucky you getting all those u/s. We only got the one...but I agree it is so nice to see the baby!

Spring weather is also a huge mood booster here in our house. I just wish the weather would stay for good!

And...coupons...well, they make me tremendously happy now. I can't believe I ever paid full price before! Great job with all those diapers! Keep receipts though just in case of an allergy. Allie was allergic to pampers.