Jan 7, 2010

A Random Thoughts Post

Some random thoughts that probably aren't even worth blogging about, but I got tired of seeing the Christmas pictures every time I got on the internet!

1. I've done a pretty good job of keeping my weight in check so far during this pregnancy. However, I'm pretty sure my downfall is going to be Cadbury Eggs, which started appearing in stores this week! Oh how I love those things! Oh yeah, and that jar of Nutella I got as a late Christmas gift last night! :)

2. Two worst things so far about being pregnant: 1) difficulty getting a good night's sleep (I really don't remember having trouble with sleep this early when I was pregnant last time) 2) having your blood drawn - especially when the lab tech can't find your vein and is moving the needle around in your arm and is apologizing for pinching you when all you can think is "you call that pinching?" and then finally gives up and has to start all over again in the other arm. Needles and I are not friends.

3. I really am not happy with the way my blog looks right now but am just too lazy to search around for a new background.

4. I am usually the one who almost cries when we have to put the Christmas decorations away each year and wishes it could all last longer. For some reason, this year, I couldn't get it all put away fast enough!

5. I found my first gray hair this week. What a way to start the New Year. I examined it in 3 different rooms under 4 different lights before finally deciding it was indeed a gray hair and not just the light hitting it funny. To all you people who said turning 30 wasn't so bad ... you lied to me.

6. One of my New Year's resolutions was to get back into the swing of couponing. I took a break from it starting around Thanksgiving and paid for it dearly - literally! So, after spending the week getting my coupon notebook reorganized and spending some quality time with the ads and my favorite blogs, I am happy to report I am back on track. I racked up at Walgreen's this week spending only about $11 and saving close to $100. The savings total is a little skewed by one item that had a pretty big sale, but it sure does make me feel like I've still got it!

7. A few Camryn updates in regards to the baby - first, her requested name for the baby changed from Annalise to "french fry" during the holidays. She's back to Annalise now, but she's pretty much lost her name suggestion rights at this point. Also over the holidays, she started praying, "Dear Lord, thank you for Mommy and Daddy and me and my baby sister. And Lord, please don't let it be a boy." I laughed the first night she prayed this and then decided we should curtail that prayer when she prayed it again the following night. I just don't know if the poor kid is going to make it if this baby ends up being a boy.

8. Fun weekend in Anderson planned with good friends. We haven't been back in a while, and I'm excited!

2 comments:

Ansley said...

Hey! I feel your pain with the whole sleeping thing! I don't have trouble falling asleep, I just wake up around 3 and stay awake until about 5! It is no fun!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I love Cadbury eggs too!! They are my favorite!!! And hey, if the baby is a boy Cam can come live with me i'll be the sister!!! Great Idea!!! I'm glad i got to see all yall!!! I LOVE YALL!!!