Dec 4, 2007

Time To Play Catch-Up!

1) My Christmas decorations are up and there is nothing more I love than being in my house right now. Everywhere you look you feel Christmas, and it just makes me happy!

2) Clorissa one of our very sweet friends from church gave Camryn a stuffed Abby-Cadabby for Christmas, and she just loves it! She carries it around the house and gives it to us to "push" (she talks when you push her stomach).

3) Our good friends Allen and Brucke (yes, he has another name, but we've just always called him by his last name!) replaced the railings on our front porch a few weeks ago. The builder of our house didn't really do a good job of treating the original wood railings, so they started to look like this:


These guys did a great job and now our front porch looks fabulous! Here is the new porch - with Christmas decorations - but I promise it looks perfect underneath!


Call these guys if you need something done. Cornerstone Construction of the Upstate - they are the best!!

4) Camryn had her first major fall the other day and scraped her head. We've had bumps before but never anything that bled! My sister was there when it happened, and she said she could tell there was this moment when I was trying to compose myself once I saw the blood. After I got over it, the only thing I could think was, "Great ... we have Christmas pictures in 2 weeks!" The worst part is, she fell on a Santa Claus decoration. She is finally old enough to understand who Santa is, and she isn't scared of him. But now, she walks around saying, "Santa bump head!"


5) Jason and I are part of the Young Adult Ensemble at church. We sang for the first time this past Sunday and ROCKED the place! Seriously, it was awesome! The group is made up of us and three other couples who we considered our very best friends. The 8 of us just decided we wanted to sing together, so we did! For the past couple of months, Thursday and Sunday nights at my house have looked like this:

Thomas, Jeff, Sarah Ellen, & Stephanie

Jason & Allen

Me & Kelli - we had to take our own picture since we were the photographers!

We just get together and eat, practice, laugh, and hang out, and have the GREATEST time. We are seriously thinking of taking a mini-tour this summer to sing at a few churches around the state. Maybe we'll come to a church near you!

6) I hosted a Tastefully Simple party at my house last Thursday night, as most of you who read this blog know because you probably got an invitation. I had such a wonderful time, and let me tell you - that is really the greatest food. If you ever have a chance to attend a Tastefully Simple party, GO! You will be hooked. My favorite things are the Perfect Parmesan Biscuits, the Banana Rum Cheeseball, and the Perfectly Potato Soup. Yummy!!

7) I love getting good deals on Camryn's clothes. Some people buy their kids toys, I buy my kid clothes. That is the reason I had a little girl - to dress her up! Not too long ago, Camryn and I went to visit my dad for the weekend in Pinehurst. There was a craft festival going on at the time and I found the cutest, handmade dresses there for $5 and $6! What a great deal!

I also found this cute little dress at my favorite consignment shop in Anderson.

8) Camryn decided the other day that she just HAD to take her new Elmo book to the potty with her. Jason and I thought it was hilarious!!

9) Thanksgiving pictures coming soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is even cute with big ole booboo on her noggin! House looks really great! We can;t wait to see you guys next week! Lov eyou

Anonymous said...

Sarah Ellen said...
I am a busy person, but I have been trying really hard to keep up with the life and times of the Burley family (last time I got behind, I read back entries for over an hour!). I am so glad that you posted something new because I have been checking so frequently (I'm a loser, I know) that I have been to your blog twice with nothing new to read! I don't know if I am organized enough to keep up with one, but I must say that the Burley family blog is a must-check site for me when I get on the Internet. I guess the best I can do for now is the oh-so-popular Christmas update letter (that one's for you Jason).

Anonymous said...

So Camryn isn't the only one that's going to have a booboo on her head for her christmas pictures!!! Lani ran into the corner of the wall (yes ~ She is clumsy like me) She has this nasty bruise and we have christmas pics on MONDAY!!!