Dec 7, 2007

I have been a grouch this week. Just ask Jason and Camryn. Little things Camryn has done that I can usually overlook have just sent me over the edge, and Jason can't seem to say anything that doesn't cause me to bite his head off. I don't know what my problem is, but I hate feeling/acting this way. So, here are five things I'm going to do this weekend to get myself out of the funk.

1) Have our Friday night date with Allen, Kelli, and Alyssa.

It has probably been a month or more since we've gotten to have a night out with the McConnells, so I am really looking forward to spending some time with them tonight. We're going out for Mexican ... MMMmmmm!!!

2) Take a nap

I love weekends because I nap when Camryn naps. I haven't gotten enough sleep lately, and I can't wait to curl up on the couch under a big blanket and just snooze for an hour or two!

3) Shop

The Christmas crowds will drive some people out of their minds, but shopping is therapeutic for me. Camryn and I have a date Saturday afternoon to finish up our Christmas shopping, and I am soooo looking forward to hitting some good sales with my check card in hand!

4) Hang out at home

I'll put on my comfy clothes, turn on all the Christmas lights, put my hair up in a messy ponytail, make a Chef Boyardee Pizza (on the menu for Saturday night supper! We love those things!), and just relax! Oh yeah, and watch Chuck, our new favorite show!

5) Love on my husband and daughter!

They deserve it after the beast I've been this past week. I can't wait to get in some cuddle time with both of them

Just thinking about doing all those things is already putting me in a better mood. Oh - let me brag on my sweet hubby. We were at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and saw one of those skinny, scrawny $1 Christmas trees. I mentioned I should buy one for my office. When I got home yesterday, he had the Christmas tree sitting on the kitchen table with a red bow on top and a container of mini-ornaments waiting for me to take to work to brighten up my office. What a sweetie! He was probably just willing to try anything to put me in a better mood! :)

0 comments: