Jan 28, 2011

Laundry Fail

The other day I didn't have time to eat breakfast. So, I threw the vitamins I usually take in the morning- a multivitamin and a fish oil softgel- in the pocket of my black dress pants and decided to take them at lunch. At lunchtime, which was eaten in my car on the way to a meeting, (welcome to the life of a school psychologist) I completely forgot about the vitamins.

Once I got home that afternoon I decided the laundry that was piling up on the floor needed to be taken care of. I took off my pants, threw them in the wash, and .... completely forgot about the vitamins.

How do I even begin to describe to you what the laundry smelled like when I opened the dryer after that load was done? Fish oil geltab that dissolved in my pocket. Hot, damp laundry shut up in a small space.

Bless.

I redid the whole load but washed the black pants separately. With the strongest smelling detergent I could find in my laundry room. On the heavy soil load. With an extra rinse.

I'm still not 100% sure the smell is completely gone. So, if you're sitting in church on Sunday, and you smell a fishy smell you can't quite put your finger on, look around. I'm probably sitting in the row behind you. Wearing my black pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
You can buy this stuff from the store that cleans the washer. I don't know if you have any or if the smell is still in your washer but if it is it is called affresh.

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

"Bless" is the only word that fits this situation.