Dec 6, 2010

What's Been Going On

Once again, I've let too much time pass between posts. Here's what's been going on around our household lately! For the 2nd year in a row, we're having fun with our advent box. I actually had my act together and got started on Dec. 1 this year!


Camryn loves going to the box each morning to find out what her activity for the day will be!


This year she's able to read the activities herself ... BIG girl!


So far we've written a letter to Santa Claus, hung Christmas window clings in her bedroom, sent a Christmas card to a special friend, visited Santa Claus, gone Christmas caroling, and hung a new ornament on the Christmas tree. Here are a couple of pictures of Cam mailing her very first letter to Santa, which she wrote all by herself. Her top two wishes were a Snuggie and a pillow pet. She's really hoping Santa comes through for her!

We also took our annual trip to the tree farm to find the perfect Christmas tree. This year we found our tree in record time. I'm not sure if it was because there were several other families there looking for trees, so we felt like we had to lay claim to ours before someone else snatched it up, or if it was because I was more agreeable this year because I was ready to get the baby out of the cold. Either way, we ended up finding a great first Christmas tree for Ella!



And, speaking of Miss Ella, she has learned to sit up on her own! Here's our precious little Christmas baby showing off her new skill!

And, I just had to add this one, well, because there's not much that's cuter in my book than a sleeping baby with her tush up in the air.

And, finally, here is a video of Camryn making Ella laugh every time she says, "Boo!" As you can tell, Ella's not a huge laugher yet ... actually, her laughs sound more like she's just giving you a courtesy laugh, but I thought this was cute nonetheless. Sorry for the TV noise in the background. I was trying to catch the moment and wasn't really thinking about the obnoxious TV!


5 comments:

About Us said...

i love all of it! i'll have to use the advent calendar idea next year. we have one but ethan just wants to pull all the boxes out and rearrange them. i love you!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.
Grandma Burley

meetthesmiths said...

LOL - I love the laugh! That's too funny!! It sounds like she just can't help herself every time she hears Camryn and the laugh slips out!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Love it!!! I Hope Santa comes through for Cam!!! Tehe pictures and video are to cute!!!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I love the laugh. I can't wait to see these two cuties again.